Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Abra: Gayuma

I am very picky when it comes to rap music specially those written in Filipino. Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like the language, it's just that most rap written in Tagalog usually lacks the class and the right vibe. 

A lot of Tagalog rap usually has a lot of cursing and swearing which I don't find appealing. But then again here comes the likes of Gloc9 who takes Filipino rap into a whole new level, but I am not gonna talk about Gloc9 now! 

Call me a late bloomer or something but as funny as it may seem I just discovered this guy, Abra. I like the way he wrote down this song about "gayuma" which is like a magic potion that would make someone fall under the spell of the one who had him drink it. 




It's nice that he collaborated with other artist on this song that gave that very urban vibe and generally acceptable melody. I guess. Well it passed on to my taste I think it would yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment